Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Student's Perspective

This is one of the best conferences I have attended, but off course I am not an objective observer since adolescent health is my specialty. It is like being at the United Nations but the difference here is most people agree on what needs to be done. There are so many fields and countries represented that learning about people's work in itself is very educative. The sessions are superb, dealing with a wide variety of adolescent health issues. You feel like every minute is fully utilized. Today, I presented findings from my research and it is nice to see so many people interested in your work.

Esther Kaggwa, Doctoral candidate, Bloomberg School of Public Health. She also received a grant from the Gates Institute to conduct doctoral research among students in Uganda.

No comments: